Illegal weight loss drugs with side effects
Increased pressure to lose weight due to health or simply body image reasons can be overwhelming and frustrating for some. The idea of being able to take a magic pill that will cause you to drop the weight quickly might be tempting. However, you should beware of the overall effects that these some of these pills may cause, especially those considered by the FDA to be dangerous or illegal weight loss drugs.
Choosing an all-natural weight loss solution that works is easy, and will also help you to refrain from using these dangerous drugs that can cause side effects that range from nausea and headache to the ultimate worse side effect, death. We’ve named some of the worse drugs that you could even consider taking, below, and while we’ve left out many, this list covers some of the most popular and dangerous drugs that are considered to be illegal in the United States.
- Clenbuterol, also known as Clean Fat Burner – is used in animals, mainly horses to treat respiratory illnesses. This drug is illegally used by athletes to boost and maintain muscle mass and decrease the production of fat in the body.
Side effects include, shaky hands, insomnia, sweating, mood swings, increased blood pressure and nausea. FDA Warning can be viewed HERE
- Xiushentang, also known as Japanese weight loss pills, contain Phenophthalein, which is a solution used in chemical experiments and is a suspected cancer-causing agent.
Side effects include, increased blood pressure, increased pulse rate, worsening of existing heart conditions like, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias and has also been known to cause strokes. FDA Warning can be viewed HERE
- Brazilian diet pills, also known as Emagrece Sim and Herbaslim, has ingredients that includes Fenproporex, which is converted in the body to amphetamine. FDA released a statement in January 2006 that states, “these drugs may contain several active ingredients, including controlled substances, found in prescription drugs that could lead to serious side effects or injury.
Side effects include, drowsiness and dizziness and impaired ability to drive, suicidal thinking and behaviors in pediatric patients, anxiety and insomnia, and abnormal bleeding. FDA Warning can be viewed HERE
- Dinitrophenol, also known as DNP, is primarily used as a pesticide today, but between 1933 and 1938 the drug became very popular as a dieting aid to speed up metabolism.
Side effects include, increased body temperature, insomnia, death, soreness, allergies, cancer, makes the body dehydrate by sweating profusely, and also shoots up the cravings for food. Statement by the National Center for Biotechnology Information can be seen HERE
When making the decision to lead a more healthy and fit life, taking what seems like a safe pill can leave you dealing with more than just weight management issues. Illegal weight loss drugs more often than not don’t work at all or provide minimal results at a major cost to your health.
To maintain good health while dieting we suggest these five tips:
- Don’t take pills unless you are directed to by your doctor.
- Get serious about adopting a healthier lifestyle by becoming proactive in making better food choices.
- Losing weight safely and keeping the weight off can be done with the help of your doctor. Talk to him/her about ‘your options. Don’t have a doctor, we’ll help your find one in your area.
- Don’t buy medication online, find a pharmacist near you that can answer any question you have about your prescriptions
- Get active, even if it’s just thirty minutes a day, exercising can not only improve your ability to lose weight but it can also help combat insomnia and improve your mood.
Our programs are implemented and supervised by qualified physicians who not only help with weight loss but also monitor and treat overall health.
Want to learn more about our Doctor Supervised Weight Loss Program?
Work with our qualified physicians in your area to develop a weight loss plan designed specifically for you. It’s time you got serious about a long-term weight loss management plan, complete the form below to get started.